Masqueraders and spectators are being told to be vigilant after several reported robberies in the capital city.
In this video posted to social media, a spectator captures the moment a group of women is robbed around the Queen's Park Savannah during J'ouvert celebrations this morning.
The owner of the account says the women were attacked by what appears to be an army of bandits.
Towards the end of the video you can see more than a dozen young men running away from the scene.
There have also been reports of several other robberies.
The Ministry of National Security is advising that the Port-of-Spain area has been designated as a 'No Fly Zone' for the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) commonly referred to as drones, for the National Day of Remembrance on Sunday.
The Ministry says that this advisory is in keeping with the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Act and the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority Regulations (TTCARs).
A statement by the Ministry is asking the public to observe the following:
A Port-of-Spain man has been charged with the murder of Hayman Sooknanan, which occurred on May 16th, 2017.
Shaquile Rogers, aka ‘Reddo’, 24, a businessman of Nelson Street, Port of Spain, was charged with murder, after advice was received from Director of Public Prosecutions, Roger Gaspard, SC, on Sunday 9th July, 2017.
Sooknanan, 20, of Chandoo Lane, El Socorro, was found dead on Tuesday 16th May, 2017, along Duncan Street, Port of Spain, with gunshot wounds to his head and neck.
Seventy-two years ago, a love letter that was meant to be delivered to a sailor based in Trinidad got lost.
It has now been delivered to the rightful owner.
The letter, postmarked May 1945, was written by a woman named Virginia to her husband, Rolf Christoffersen, who was a sailor at the time in the Norwegian Navy based in Chaguaramas, Trinidad and Tobago.
Melissa Fahy and her father found the letter in a gap under the stairs while renovating her Westfield, New Jersey home.
More reports of problems at the port of Port-of-Spain as passengers scheduled to sail this morning have been told their vessel will now sail tonight.
It’s the latest in a series of delays and inconveniences that have plagued inter-island travel recently.
This has been compounded by the problems with the transport of cargo and the move by intercontinental shipping to pull its ship, the Super Fast Galicia, out of service.
The MSC Fantasia will begin calls to Port-of-Spain during the 2017/18 cruise season, a statement by the Tourism Development Company says.
The announcement was made recently at the MSC Cruises Travel Partners Event hosted by MSC Cruises and co-sponsored by the Tourism Development Company.
The MSC Fantasia has a passenger capacity of 3900 with 1200 crew members.
It will be the second largest cruise ship to visit Trinidad.
The MSC Cruises Travel Partners Event was attended by local cruise-specific travel agents and their representatives.
Police are investigating the murder of a man at the corner of Prince and Frederick streets in Port-of-Spain.
Reports indicate the man had been chopped to death early Monday morning.
Crime scene investigators were still processing the scene during rush hour as thousands made their way to work.
Full details of the murder were not clear by 8am when this report was compiled.
Further updates will be made available when we get more.