A bush fire in Carlsen Field in Central Trinidad has destroyed six buses belonging to the Public Transport Services Commission (PTSC).
Video and photos show the buses burning as firefighters struggle to put out the blaze and the burnt out skeletons of the buses after the fire was extinguished.
We're told that the buses were not among PTSC's fleet of buses currently in service, but formed part of a group of scores of buses parked in the area that are either awaiting repair work or are used for spare parts.
PTSC will release a statement later on the disaster.
A domestic dispute may have led to a house burning in St Helena this morning.
Details are sketchy but CNC3 has been told that just after 7 am a man identified as the “coconut man” returned to his home on Madras road in St Helena.
Moments later neighbours reported hearing shouting and a woman who has been identified as Rosie Saunders ran out of the house.
A woman was found dead today in a burnt house in San Fernando.
It's the same house where a number of firearms and ammunition, and marijuana was found two days ago.
According to reports just after 2, this morning residents of the area awoke to the sound of gunshots at the house on Purcell Street, San Fernando.
We are told that within moments the house erupted in flames from the inside.
Officers of the Mon Repos fire station, Marabella CID, southern division task force and homicide department responded.
Two people have perished in a fire at a house in St Joseph.
Around 10pm on Monday, residents of Wellington Street heard a loud explosion.
Upon investigating they discovered a house in the area on fire.
The Fire Service was called in and responded to the blaze.
The charred remains of 88-year-old Peter Felix and 30-year-old Kris Brewster who were trapped in the blaze were later discovered by fire officers.
Investigations are ongoing.
A fire that broke out at Hakka Express in Shoppes of Maraval, has been brought under control.
The fire started just after 2pm and cellphone video captured thick smoke coming from a chimney at the restaurant.
Fire officials say a grease fire started in the kitchen of the establishment.
Five fire appliances and police officers responded but the fire was brought under controlled by staff.
No one was injured