A Point Fortin man is due to appear before a Point Fortin Magistrate today, charged with possession of firearm and ammunition.
Maquille Erasto, 22, of Fanny Village, Point Fortin, was held by officers of the Point Fortin CID during an anti-crime exercise in the district around 6:15 am on Monday 13th November, 2017.
Acting on information, officers proceeded to Sunset Beach, Fanny Village, where they stopped and searched the suspect.
The search resulted in the pistol, along with a magazine containing two rounds of 9mm ammunition being found in his possession.
A Sea Lots man was today committed to stand trial in the Port of Spain High Court on multiple sexual offences against two girls, following the conclusion of a preliminary hearing into the charges which began on July 5th, 2016, in the Port of Spain 7th Magistrates’ Court.
The case against, Neville Richards, 77, a taxi driver, was heard by Magistrate Adia Mohammed, who committed the matter to trial.
Richards was later remanded into custody, pending the securing of $150,000 bail with surety.
A father of three girls has been convicted on a charge of cruelty against one of his daughters and fined $3,000 or in default, face three months hard labour, a police statement said.
De Leon Celestine, 41, of East Dry River, Port-of-Spain, appeared before Magistrate Aden Stroude in the Port of Spain 5th Magistrates’ Court on Thursday to answer to the charge.
He has 28 days in which to pay the fine.
Celestine was found guilty of beating his 14-year-old daughter on Thursday 2nd June, 2016, causing suffering and injury to her health.
Corporal Billy Ramsundar is tonight charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Guardian photographer Kristian De Silva, a police statement said Wednesday.
He is also charged with malicious damage of a Canon camera valued US$1600.
The charges arise from an alleged incident at Nazim Ave San Francique, Penal on September 15, 2017.
He will appear before a POS Magistrate where the matter will be transferred to the Siparia Court.
The charges were laid by Supt Ruthven Hodge of the Police Complaints Division.
A senior director of a Singapore construction and engineering firm has been sentenced to five years in jail for fraudulently causing the transfer of more than $4.4 million from a Nipdec account at RBC Royal Bank Trinidad and Tobago to a bank in Singapore.
A court in Singapore was told that employees of RBC Royal Bank were duped into transferring the money into the Singapore bank account in 2013.
Attorney-at-law and former Opposition Senator Wayne Sturge has been fined $5000 for contempt of court or face six months in prison.
He has one week within which to pay the fine.
The ruling was handed down by Justice Norton Jack.
The charges arose from a Facebook posting made on Sturge's Facebook page in relation to a murder trial before the court.
Sturge was one of the defence attorneys in the matter.
The court's sentence is also being referred to the Disciplinary Committee of the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago.
The school principal at the heart of a school violence video is threatening to sue the Education Ministry.
Sookoo Sonnylal is challenging the decision by the ministry to relieve him of his duties while an investigation is ongoing into an altercation with a group of students earlier this month.
The video of the encounter at the Siparia West Secondary School shows students confronting the teacher in what appears to be the hallway.